Monday, December 3, 2018

Wish Granted

I asked for, and received, a full day of beautiful, bright sunshine.  There was one small hitch.  It stayed so cold that the thin layer of snow-turned-to-ice was still on the ground at 2 in the afternoon.  It made the walk down to the barn pretty treacherous in the morning.

Sheila made it clear why she'd been so rebellious the night before.  I'd missed the signs that she and Tessie were in heat again.  Tess was frantic to get outside with Sheila.  The pheromones were so strong I was surprised I couldn't see them.  They were still going at it at bedtime and neither one would go to their room.  I know what you want, girls, but that is one wish that will not be granted.

You know how it is when you get a hankering for something?  My craving for egg foo yung got so strong that I went to the store for mung bean sprouts for dinner last night.  Sometimes you have to make your own wish come true.  Yum!

The cats, those immovable objects, drove me to distraction last night.  All I wanted was to turn over.  "Nope, not gonna happen."  Do you know how silly it feels to be yelling in the middle of the night, feet flailing like a two-year-old in a temper tantrum, at a couple of animals who couldn't care less?  I was the one who capitulated.  Wide awake, I got up at 3:30 this morning.

It's going to be a long day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh my gosh...so sorry for the ice - you need a pair of cleats! And I've never used it and probably never will, but DoorDash delivers food from restaurants...I'm guessing they don't deliver Egg Foo Young in your rural neighborhood...hahaha!