Monday, December 31, 2018

Consistent

True to form, after the hoopla of Saturday, yesterday was a day off, a day to reheat the chile verde, watch football, and keep the fire stoked.   Once upon a time I would have written a flurry of thank-you notes to send in the mail.  Having moved into the "modern day," (how modern can you be with a wood stove and a well?) I sent thank-you texts to the Kids.  Some habits are hard to break, and many are worth keeping.

On the subject of consistency, I make no pretense of liking to leave home on any given day, but today, New Year's Eve, is going to be a real bummer.  I have to go down to Cameron Park to meet with a new oncologist.  The very last thing I want to do is be on the road today.  Admittedly, the appointment is in the early afternoon and the nutsos will probably not be out in force, but still....  Sigh.

Might as well stick with the program and finish today's entry and the last for this year with a photo of last evening's sundown.

Happy New Year from Bessie Anne, Ralph, Celeste, Sheila, Tessie, Stanley and his girls, and me!

No comments: