Friday, April 12, 2019

Here We Go

Oh jimminy, if it's not one thing, it's another.  I missed most of what was a truly beautiful spring day because I had a doctor's appointment down in town.  Man, once they get their hooks into you.....  Okay, fine.  Another medication.  It's not enough that I creak when I walk, now I'm gonna shake, rattle, and roll.

I put in a call to Tree Guy.  The huge chunks of tree are still in the goat pen.  The weather turned bad when he felled it, but they're still there and I haven't been able to close the door to the barn since then, leaving the girls vulnerable at night.  He said he might be out this Saturday.  One can hope.

It's the time of year that the travel bug starts biting.  I could go here...I could go there...and I know darned well I'm not going anywhere.  I really do enjoy seeing films of far-off countries, knowing I've been there and reliving those good times.  Nothing quite like walking down a dark street in Greece and hearing, "Yazoo, baby."  That was then, this is now.

No comments: