Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Changes

Hard to believe after such a lovely day yesterday, warm with a cooling breeze, that the surrounding hills are shrouded in thick fog this morning.  I can't even see the winery next door.  The drive into town was as pretty as anticipated with a hundred shades of green and dotted with flowering trees and the wild lilacs.  Yeah, well, not wanting to repeat any sooner than necessary I'd planned the trip to include all errands before my appointment with the doctor (with his PA, actually, who I like better).  I'm back on antibiotics for the legs and a battery of tests has been ordered.  Oh goody.

It was my first trip out since Bess died and it was hard.  For the first time in fifteen years I turned the television off before leaving.  I'd always left it on as company for her, usually turning to Animal Planet (don't say it, I know).  For the first time I didn't shake my keys and say, "I'm leaving now.  I'll be back.  Be a good girl, and, you can be in charge," before going out the door.  For the first time I didn't come home to give a special treat to a tail-wagging dog.  It was hard.

I lost track of time lately and, boy, has it whizzed past!  I knew I had to get my driver's license renewed before my birthday and kept meaning to make an appointment with DMV.  I finally called yesterday and was told the first available time slot would be in June!  She who hesitates is lost.  Oh well, I always keep a good book in the truck and I shall go in and sit with the hoi polloi to wait my turn.  With all those who planned ahead, I imagine it's going to be a long wait.  Now I just have to study for the test.  Last time I got 100% and a smiley face.  I don't want to change that.


No comments: