Sunday, April 21, 2019

Hoppy Easter!

Gosh, it was good to be with the Kids yesterday for so many reasons, one being that when Clay arrived he could watch Bessie Anne and I could take a shower and put on clean clothes (it had been awhile).  Not only had Deb and Craig done the shopping, they also cooked the meal while I sat like Lady Astor and enjoyed their company.  I didn't feel too guilty because Easter is the easiest holiday dinner...ham, red potatoes and peas, and jello mixed with whipped cream.  Deb made an addition this year of roasted "rainbow" carrots, orange, purple, and white.  Who knew?  Very flavorful and colorful.

Dave had to work, but he and Clay set it up to FaceTime(?) on their phones and Dave took us on a tour of his job site.  That technology is way beyond me.  Dave is the official carver in the family, but Clay was drafted in his absence.  Umhum.  The ham had been spiral cut on the bone.  Clay knows he's getting honorable mention here for cutting, not slices, but matchsticks of ham.  It gave us a good laugh and, in reality, made it easier to eat.

Deb and Craig brought an Easter basket with plenty of black licorice jellybeans which I reluctantly shared.  They also gifted me with a pot of flower bulbs, hyacinth, I think.  I can only hope Robert the Raider doesn't like them.  Bessie Anne made her way out to the deck to be with us and lay in the warm sun for awhile.  She also made it under the table when dinner was ready.  It's where she always goes at mealtime to put her head on someone's feet.

On a somber note, Deb and Craig offered to go with me if I was ready to take Bess for a last ride.  I wasn't.  Clay also offered for later this week.  It may come to that.  I can't let her go on this way.

There were plenty of leftovers to pack up to-go containers and bags at the end of the day, the meal that keeps on giving.  I kept the ham bone for dried lima beans and ham in the future.

All in all, as always when I'm with family, it was a good day.

No comments: