Sunday, April 28, 2019

Nailed Again

Stanley and I are going to have to come to a meeting of the minds before one of us loses his head.  He nailed me again yesterday.  Twice.  I'll say this for him, the boy is fast.  He struck quick as a snake and I didn't hear him coming.  This makes three times in the same leg and I've about had it with Stanley.

As before, though, he did me an unintentional favor because the leg had begun to swell again and the puncture wounds allowed it to drain, and drain it did...all day long.  It was a good thing it was cooking-show Saturday because I wasn't moving around much, for sure.

I do look forward to Saturdays because my daughter has time in the early morning to call and we have our coffee "together" and chat.  Today is Deb and Craig's eighteenth anniversary!  They were married here on the farm and we agreed they are as happy together now as they were in the beginning.

Later in the day Larry called from Hawaii and that was another satisfactory catch-up talk.  Still later, my friend Harold phoned.  We don't see each other often anymore, but we do talk frequently.

Except for rotten Stanley, it was a good day.

No comments: