Saturday, July 13, 2019

Celeste At Her Best

Honestly?!  She couldn't stand up to get a drink of water?!  The line that immediately came to mind was Mae West's line, "Beulah, peel me a grape," from I'm No Angel, 1933.  Celeste is known to be one laid-back kitty, but this is carrying it a little too far.

She is also a con artist.  I head toward the kitchen.  "Oh, good.  I'll come with you for my treats," as she rubs around my ankles.  "You've already had treats."  "No, honest, I haven't had any today, and I'm not sure about yesterday.  I'm overdue for treats."  "Celeste, I know darned well you had treats just a few minutes ago."  "Oh, please.  Please, please, please."  "Okay, maybe just a couple."  I swear I can see her smirk of satisfaction.

One can see from  the size of her girth that she has pulled her con game more than once.  Ralph is a wraith in comparison.  Of course, Ralph also gets more exercise as he zooms around the house, brrrp-brrrping as he goes.  Maybe Celeste would benefit from a treadmill.  Or not.  This feline duo cracks me up.

No comments: