Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Missed It

Yesterday morning was perfect for mowing.  A low-grade monsoon blew cool air in with a cloud cover overhead, perfect.  And Fu refused to start...again.  Turns out I hadn't flooded him at all.  It's something to do with the battery, which I know is brand new and about which I know nothing.  Aaargh!  I hate the thought of being one of "those" women who asks for help, but I guess I'm going to have to call Neighbor Joe or Beau or maybe Helper Dude and send out an SOS.  It could be something as simple as loose wires, what do I know?  All I know for sure is that Fu Manchu and I aren't getting any work done.  Another missed opportunity.

It was a pretty uneventful day.  Naps for the household when it heated up.  It was trash day.  When I was loading up the bags in the early evening I let GB out to come with me.  I turned my back and that stinker took off to go walkabout.  Aaargh again!  I didn't have time to panic as the light was fading and I had to get my job done.  And where do you think that runaway was when I came back?  Sitting right there in the driveway asking, "Why did you leave without me?"  We're going to have a long talk about this.

No comments: