Monday, July 29, 2019

The Watchers

Unless he is sleeping, GB watches me.  He watches me all the time.  At first it was a little unnerving because I didn't understand and then it came to me.  He has been trained as a support dog and I think he watches in an attempt to anticipate my needs.  Good Boy.

On the other side, I need to watch GB.  Unless the phone rings and he woo-woos along (that cracks me up every time), GB is a silent dog.  I've only heard him bark once since he came here to live.  He doesn't growl or whine.  The only way I know he needs to go outside is when he goes to sit by the front door, looking back at me.  Consequently, we watch.

Sometimes I think I live in an alternate universe.  Celeste has taken over the dog's bed, and GB was sleeping on the loveseat.  What's wrong with this picture?  Maybe because I slept all night in the recliner?  Oh well.  Who's to say what's normal.  Nobody's watching.

No comments: