Wednesday, July 17, 2019

End O' Day

It was a rather uneventful day.  Neighbor Joe brought up another load of firewood.  There is now a veritable mountain of wood, and to think this is a third of what that oak had to offer.

GB got lots of praise when he turned up the drive without correction on our walks.  We're logging almost a mile every day now.

Our routine will get a change in the near future.  Camille has an acquaintance who is looking for some chickens.  "Tell him I have three!"  I'll have to tell Stan I am going to rehome Rotten Stanley and the girls.  Being attacked on a daily basis and not getting the benefit of any eggs is just not worth it, and it's better than shooting the rooster.

GB got his ride in the truck and we both got a boost of A/C when we took the trash down to the big road in the early evening.  I've been known to put a dog in the truck and drive around and around the driveway just to get some relief on a really hot day (I say I'm doing it for the dog).

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch for the moon.  When they landed on July 20, I had all four Kids out in the front yard looking at the sky, knowing it was an historic night.  I think my daughter is the only one who remembers now.

I was certainly reminded when the full moon rose over the eastern hills last evening.  I'd had fresh sweet corn for dinner (it's the best it's been in years), GB was stretched out to catch the breeze from the fan, and I was watching "Grantchester," a PBS mystery.  It might have been an uneventful day, but a pretty darned good end, I'd say.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like a pretty good day to me for sure!