Thursday, July 25, 2019

Stuck

Another day of missed mowing.  Fu sits stuck in his shed.  I did put in a call to Beau, asking him to stop by when he has time.  I'm pretty sure it's just loose wires and shouldn't take Beau long.

As bad as the foxtails are, they're nothing compared to the velcro burrs, little bitty seeds that cling to anything that passes by.  Either they are particularly bad this year or GB is going places Bessie just didn't go.  He comes back from his travels into the woods (where he is allowed to go) covered in burrs.  We're getting a lot of bonding time as I brush and brush and brush his coat.  I thought I'd gotten them all yesterday, but when he rolled over for a belly rub in bed last night I found there was a hidden patch stuck under his armpit.  Drat.

GB, also known as the Jeebster, Jeebs, and sometimes Heeby-GB, seems to have settled into the routine of the house.  Spurts of activity followed by periods of do-nothing.  He's as good at napping as I am.  We're kind of stuck in a rut, but we're in it together.

No comments: