Thursday, July 4, 2019

Trippin'

There are good trips, and then there are the other kind.  GB went out for his morning "duty" trip yesterday and again headed down the driveway.  He either doesn't understand "come" or he willfully chooses to ignore me, but this has to come to a screeching halt.  When he goes out this morning, it will be at the end of a leash and that will continue until he learns his boundaries.

Ralph has been becoming braver and braver, due in part to GB's calmness in the house.  In fact, yesterday Ralph made one quick brrrp brrrp trip racing down the hall.  He hasn't done that since GB arrived.  It's possible we may become one happy family again.

GB is not a talker and I've yet to hear him bark.  It cracks me up when he woo-woos when the phone rings, but that's essentially the only sound I've heard him make.

I hadn't seen Missy for days, but didn't get worried because her bowl was empty each morning.  She put in an appearance yesterday and I was so happy to see her.  Just coming across the goat pen must be such a trip for that little girl because of the oh-so-tall weeds.

I had been told that GB could go anywhere if he was wearing his ESA girdle.  Uh huh.  I'm glad I called Holiday just to check before loading him up for an outing, because they allow service dogs, but not support dogs.  It would have been awful to be turned away.

Leaving GB alone in the house for the first time was stressful.  Would he tear things up?  Would he and the cats get along on their own without a referee?  I needn't have worried.  He was there at the door to greet me when I returned, checked out the bags of groceries, got his treat for being a good boy, and went and laid down.

I hadn't been home long before Neighbor Joe and his wife Rhonda drove up with another truckload of firewood.  I'm past the point of being any help, so I sat and watched as they worked up a sweat unloading it.  Holy cow!  There is a veritable mountain of wood now, and I most certainly won't have to be Scrooge-like next winter.  Stove will be well fed.

Ah, I see it is the Fourth of July (one day is just like another up here) and I need to fly our flag in honor of the holiday, right after GB has his morning trip.

Happy Independence Day, America!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I KNOW you will be one happy family again very soon, and who knows, maybe Ralph will put some pep in GB's step, and a song or a bark in his heart! I LOVE to watch animals play, and hopefully that spectating will be in. your future. And yay for an abundance of firewood!