Monday, May 18, 2020

Busted

Well, that was embarrassing.  I got a good lesson in it doesn't pay to dawdle yesterday.  The weather was crummy, Michael was sound asleep, and I was playing solitaire on the computer, still in my nightgown and robe.  What's the hurry, right?  And then the doorbell rang.  I shuffled down the hall and peeked through the glass.  Oh good grief, it was Neighbor Joe.  He would know I was home so I had to open the door.  "Okay, ya caught me in my jammies.  What's up, Joe?"  He had come to ask about some wood the PG&E guys had left at Camille's.  I gave him her number so he could talk to the source.  He left.  I got dressed, my reputation, such as it is, in tatters.

Michael and I got lucky on our walks.  It rained off and on all day, but it wasn't pouring down when we went out.  Michael doesn't dawdle on wet days, so we were out and back in no time.

It wasn't until later in the afternoon that the storm really gathered force, and it turned into lightning and impressive thunder rolling on and on over the hills.  The scaredy cats hid under the bed.  Michael took it in stride.  I was glad PG&E had done their work on the trees.

This storm is a two-fer, still raining heavily this morning.  Not that it matters, but I'm already dressed...just in case.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: