Thursday, May 7, 2020

Okay, Okay

Farview deems it necessary to prove me wrong at every turn on a darned near daily basis.  Okay, I do have flowers.  The Cecile Brunner rose (which desperately needed pruning, poor neglected thing) popped into bloom overnight.  There are other old-fashioned roses in the Pig Garden (Louie's old pen), chosen for their fragrance more than form.  It seems to me that when a truly beautiful new rose is developed, its perfume is sacrificed, an exception being the Eiffel Tower.  When Louie moved down to live with the goats, his pen seemed the perfect spot to plant roses...fenced for protection from the deer, with the added benefit of pre-fertilized ground.  I have been remiss in their care, too.

I wasn't wrong about how Missy is supplementing her diet, as evidenced by the squirrel tail found on our morning walk yesterday.  I'm glad that's all we found.  Okay, I was mistaken about her not bringing leftovers to the deck.  The other day an enormous black bird flew down to clean up some innards.  It was way too big to be a crow, had to be a raven.

I hope everyone took note of the last super moon for this year last night, aptly named the Flower Moon.  (Okay, rub it in.)

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I had no idea you had a rose garden. It looks lovely. I am a neophyte in the rose arena, but about 5 years ago Tinka gave me a brand new rose called Doris Day, that was developed in 2013, and I saw it for the first time in 2014. I'm happy to say that it is rich with gorgeous yellow blooms and has a wonderful fragrance that is not overpowering but oh so delicious. With a name like that, it had better be sunny and sweet.