Saturday, May 2, 2020

Michael

This is frequently the view from my chair, Michael snoozing in one of the beds he brought.  The other is behind him, in front of the cat bed that they never use.  Ralph and Celeste consider my lap to be their official cat bed.  Behind that is the basket of well-used toys and in front of Michael is the bear he seems to have chosen for his own.  Artfully draped over his bed are two blankets that came with the bed.  The blue one looks like it had been caught in a meat grinder.  Florence once asked me if his chewing was a problem (that explained the blue blanket).  I answered honestly that he had never so much as mouthed anything.  It might have been stress as his prior owner's health declined.  Yes, that sign behind Michael says Reserved Parking.  While I doubt that the cats can read, they never get in Michael's bed.  I know I'm prejudiced, but isn't his coloring gorgeous?

I didn't get any mowing done yesterday.  It was bill-paying day and I considered that painful enough.  Why is it that AT&T, which widely proclaims their high-speed attributes, has the slowest (I mean s-l-o-w-est) website and there is no way to actually call them when there's a problem!  They're the telephone company, for crying out loud.  I had been remiss in ordering new checks and was coming close to running out.  I found I could do that deed by phone.  I asked the nice lady if I could make that a rush order.  The checks are free, but there would be a $45 charge for three-day service!  I decided that since I wasn't going anywhere anyhow, I could make do with what I had for the ten-day standard wait.  No, Fu would have to wait another day.  I was exhausted.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Yes, Michael's coloring is GORGEOUS, and I KNOW about AT & T and though the very same thing when I had to battle them for this and that. When I would finally get a person, they sounded like they were in a barrel with 5 other people talking at the same time. I loved it when they assumed that when I called the help line, that it was about the phone on which I was talking, rather than the land line that had gone out. That was a treat to finally get someone to understand. OR when they told me to go online and it was because our internet was out that I was calling in the first place. I'm SO glad to be done with them...but I still have their dang pedestal right in the middle of my garden. That's ok, it's covered with jasmine and good luck finding it!!!!