Friday, May 22, 2020

Please, Mr. Custer

The lyrics from "Please, Mister Custer" (Larry Verne, #1 song in 1960) could be my theme song.  "Please, Mister Custer, I don't want to go...."  I managed to put off going to town one more day.  Today I will have no choice.  Aarrgh!  Cue the music.

First peony of the season.  That fat bud beside the flower is just one of many.  It seemed important to do some hand weeding in the front garden in order to allow the peonies to show off.  And it was a good excuse, right?  Of course, having spent time bent over, I needed a rest.  See how easy these things are?  If you need an excuse, call me.  I'm available for consultation.

On our morning walk, Michael and I sent a flock of turkeys into a flurry of flight, and there were turkletts!  They weren't teeny-tiny, they could fly, so their mamas have been doing a good job of guarding their babies.  The mortality rate for the little ones is sadly high.

Let's see, the weather is good, the weeds in the field are high, Fu is waiting...NO!  Stop it!  Do your duty, woman, and go to town!  Cue the music.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Yay on the peony bud and weeding and weather...hope you got to town.