Monday, May 4, 2020

May The Fourth Be With You

In my mind, I always hear oh-so-serious Mr. Spock speaking with a lisp on the fourth, but that's just me.

It doesn't take much to make me crabby anymore.  For instance, I really don't like Daylight Saving Time.  Not only do I not like changing all the clocks twice a year, I don't like the early sunup in the morning.  Getting up in the dark gives me the feeling that I'm easing into the day.  That's my time.  It's already light out now and I feel I should be doing something constructive (not that I do too much of that anyhow).  I don't care for the long light in the evening, either.  I'm used to fixing dinner when it gets dark.  Eight o'clock is too late for that now, I'd end up eating dinner in bed.  Consequently I might settle for a jar of peanut butter and a spoon.  Don't bother telling me that there would be the same amount of daylight regardless of the clock...I prefer to rant and rave on a biannual basis.

I wasn't able to contact Jeremy yesterday.  Ratchafratch!  I've tried pulling those weeds by hand, but it's like trying to empty the ocean with a thimble.  There are few things more determined to live and thrive than weeds.  Would that grass seed had that same will.  I'd like a dollar for all the seed I've bought trying to grow a lawn.  (I warned you I was/am crabby.)

Why is it that, knowing I've drunk the last of it, I still pick up the mug and look to see if there's just one more sip of coffee.  Every doggone day.

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with a better attitude.  Or not.

Stay safe.  Be well.


1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I get it - I'm not naturally crabby but there have been days in this lockdown that I've not been proud of my attitude and unfortunately for my waistline (that I used to have many moons ago, ice cream or fast food has helped temporarily. And not being an early riser like you, I HATE waking up in the dark unless I have a plane to catch!!! LOL