Thursday, May 28, 2020

Strike Three

This situation is becoming intolerable, and I don't know how to stop it.  I thought I was doing Missy a favor by feeding her and giving the little feral a safe haven.  Killing a rat does not make up for destroying a third screen, this time a door.  When it gets hot, as it has been, it is my habit to leave the living room doors open all night to catch whatever breeze might blow by and hopefully cool the house.  Yeah, well.  Evidently the inside cats were up and about the other night and Missy really did a number on the deck screen door.  The bedroom is at the other end of the house and I didn't hear a thing.  I am just so lucky and thankful that Ralph and Celeste didn't get out and that Missy didn't get in.  There's nothing like a duct tape patch to make you feel like a hick.  I shut that door last night.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: