Saturday, December 12, 2020

Mission Accomplished

AKA 'Mission Impossible,' (1966, 7 seasons, 1988, 2 seasons) TV series with Steven Hill, Barbara Bain, Peter Graves, Jon Voigt, Martin Landau, Leonard Nimoy, and Sam Elliott...how's that for early all-star casting?!

Yesterday did not have a propitious start.  Power outages, not once, but twice!  I'm developing a personal relationship with PG&E.  I called the first time at dawn's early light.  "Yes, there is an outage in your area affecting 500-and-something residences."  They got it fixed pretty fast (relatively speaking).  Not an hour later, boop!, it went out again.  I called again.  "Ma'am, power has been restored in that area."  "Umm, no."  She checked, came back on the line, "I'm so sorry...yes, it's out and affecting over 700 now."  I guess somebody remembered to put the plug in because we had electricity PDQ.

Shopping is a different experience now.  Back in the day (like last year), you went to the store and your only difficulty was making a selection among the many, many choices offered...twenty kinds of bread, every brand and kind of soup produced, all sizes of each product provided.  It was mind boggling.  Now, not s'much.  I got the last jar of mayonnaise on the shelf and it wasn't the brand I wanted.  (Don't let anybody tell you all mayonnaise is the same.)  I left without a couple of things I wanted.  Oh, they had them, but were on shelves above my reach and there were no tall people around to ask for help.  It really was Mission Impossible.

Mission accomplished, both Michael and I were glad to get home.  Me, just because, and Michael so he could get a drink of water...he'd peed on every bush in P'ville (Peeville!).

It had been chill and overcast all day and the house was freezing.  I broke down and lit a fire.  Gosh, it felt good.  The rain started just after dark...a nice, gentle rain.  All's well that ends well.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: