Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sleepyhead

"A birdie with a yellow bill, hopped up on my windowsill.  Cocked his shining eye and said, "Ain't you 'shamed, you sleepyhead?"  Another one of my mother's numerous ditties.  This one actually came from a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson.

If the sun was going to come out today, it would have beat me.  I have an excuse for my tardy rising, but it's not worth mentioning.  As it is, the day began without me, and it's rainy and cold.  Michael is wise to sleep in even later because it's pouring outside now and the wind is howling.  One thing about living on top of the hill, we get the brunt of whatever weather comes our way.

We lucked out yesterday.  The rain had stopped by our morning walk, drifted in and out throughout the day, and there was even a dab of sunshine in the afternoon.  Michael needed one more outing after dark, and it was eerie.  We were in the middle of a cloud and it was as if the world were wrapped in cotton batting...absolutely silent.  Michael felt it, too, and didn't dawdle so we could head back to the house and the welcome warmth of Stove.  I see another fire in our future today.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: