Friday, December 18, 2020

The Place To Be

There was rather a stunned silence when I announced to my son that the UPS driver would probably be moving in with me.  When I quit laughing, I explained.  When Stan came up, he did not come empty handed.  He put a case of beer and a large bottle of high-end whiskey on the porch.  Not wanting to appear overeager, I left it there.  Since the weather has been nearly as cold as the inside of the refrigerator, I wasn't in any hurry to move it.  Yesterday when Michael and I went out for our afternoon walk, there, tucked by the beer and whiskey, was a large box of assorted candy from my niece.  In my mind, I could hear the deliveryman saying, "Man, these people know how to live!"  (All items are in the house now.)

Yesterday's rain had let up by morning and it was a lovely day.  That's the way to get rain...overnight and then dry.  Unless you work the night shift, there's no inconvenience and all of the benefits.

While the holidays are going to be quiet this year, I'm enjoying making and receiving phone calls from family and friends.  I'm not the only one missing being with loved ones.  I considered putting up a Christmas tree, but then Ralph raced by and I thought the better of it.  Who knows when I'd get around to taking it down again or, more likely, picking up the broken pieces.

Stay safe.  Be well.  Cheers!

No comments: