Friday, December 11, 2020

The Eyes Have It

Ever get that feeling you're being watched?  I should be used to it after all these years, but it's always a little unnerving when I feel eyes on me and glance up and see a turkey on the deck rail looking in at me.  It's the season, I guess.  This turk walked the rail, looking in all the windows like he was casing the joint.  I don't know about these things, but I'm thinking he was looking at his reflection and perhaps thinking there was a rival, because he paused in front of one window and started that "tok, tok, tok" sound of challenge.  Ralph and Celeste were riveted.  Challenge not met, turk finally walked away, feeling he was the winnah, I'm sure.  Such are the dramas of my day.

Do I really need that today?  Can it wait a little longer?  Can I put it off one more day?  These are my procrastination favorites when I think about going to town.  I love it when the answer is yes.  I guess I don't need to tell you I didn't go yesterday.  I fear today is the day of reckoning.  Sigh.

Stay safe.  Be well.

PS:  The neighs come from next door.

No comments: