Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The Gang's All Here

(Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here, song from 1917,)

Like teenage boys, a gang of nine young-ish male turkeys has been cruising through the yard twice a day for some time now.  They don't bother anything or anyone.  We give and get respect, and leave each other space.  Lacking a corner to hang out on, they congregate under the oak by the woodpile in the afternoon, maybe hoping for some 'chicks' to pass by.  Yesterday, the original nine was joined by another nine recruits.  That's quite a group.  I wonder what the initiation process was like and if they're getting ready for the turkey wars.

That early morning wind came back about dawn yesterday, strong enough that it could have justified cutting the power (they didn't), and lasted all morning.  It blew all the leaves off the walkway and put them on the porch.  Oh goody.  At least I can see and avoid all the potholes on the way to the truck now.

A word of caution.  Before I could figure out a safe place to put the poinsettia, Ralph chomped on one of those beautiful red leaves.  He's okay because he immediately barfed it up.  Poinsettias are poisonous to cats!  The plant is out of reach now.

We have to go to town today.  Maybe someday I can get my meds coordinated so I can avoid some of these trips for refills.  This is me, who used to take maybe one aspirin a year.  Sigh.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Can any of your meds be delivered by mail via ExpressScripts? I only have one medication, but it is so handy as it comes in the mail and I call for refills if there are refills.