Sunday, May 19, 2019

Bloop!

Nature was a little irritating yesterday.  When the oaks are putting out new growth on their branches, the tips are very tender.  When the old girl throws a tizzy and sends big wind, those tips break off and literally litter my yard.  If she ever stops with the dadratted rain, I'll have a major cleanup on the list.

There I was, happily watching the first of the Saturday cooking shows and anticipating the running of the Preakness (second of the triple crown races), when Bloop! the power went out.  Seriously?!  To add insult to injury, when I called to report the outage, all I got was a recording that said they were having "issues" and couldn't take any calls.  Sure glad it wasn't an emergency.  The power came back before I could work up a good froth, yay!  The kicker to this tale is that within minutes of the TV coming on, PG&E  called to tell me that the power had been restored.  Duh.

After that, the day went pretty much as planned.  My horse, Bourbon War (surprise, surprise), came in eighth.  Sigh.  Deb cleaned up on her bet with Craig and came away with seventy-five cents!

I finally succumbed and lit a fire.  It was the dampness more than the cold that drove me to it.  Stove didn't seem to mind.  I may call him into service again today as it is still raining!  Enough already.

Worn out by his predawn shenanigans, Ralph slept most of the day.  I made an early night of it, too.  As I'd thought, it was a long day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'm catching up on the blog. I do hope by the time I finish, that the rain will be over for you!