Friday, May 17, 2019

Where Did It Go?

Spring was here.  I know...I saw it, but we are back in the throes of winter now.  Rain on Wednesday, rain yesterday, rain today, and rain predicted for another week!  Snow is falling up on the mountain, enough to cause road closures.  I'd been down to wearing short-sleeve tee-shirts, now I'm back to thick sweatshirts, and the comforter is back on the bed.  I've been giving Stove a thoughtful eye, but make do with a jacket and an afghan (so far).  I heaped more blessings on Stan's head when I came back up from the barn with dry britches and socks after strolling down the freeway in the pen.

My mother-in-law is 94 now and in assisted living.  Lynne, Stan's wife, had reduced MIL's belongings to accommodate her new quarters and came across this picture and Stan delivered it.  I'd made it years and years ago for Steve and Stan's parents' anniversary.  It is of the teeny-tiniest cross-stitch imaginable.  I had to put on my glasses and get in a good light now to see if it was cross-stitch or petit point.  Once upon a time I did every craft that came down the pike...no more.  Like spring, I wonder where that enthusiasm went.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

What a great cross stitch picture. I'm so glad that it is back to live with its creator! As one's "youth" marches on, it is really easy to see that there are, most definitely, stages and seasons of life!! Enjoy this stage.