Sunday, May 12, 2019

Great Gettin' Up Mornin'

Once again I am "borrowing," this time from the title of a spiritual song I remember Harry Belafonte singing back in the '50-'60s.  Any time my Kids are coming up is a great getting up morning for me, and yesterday was just such a day.  Due to a stop to pick up KFC (oh yum!) for our lunch and slow traffic on our country roads, Deb and Craig didn't get here until one o'clock or so.  That was perfect because it gave me time to dust, clean up the front porch, and other sundry chores I'd let slide.  Oh, those smiling faces when they got out of the truck!  We had a long, leisurely meal with lots of talk and laughing.  In addition to the KFC, they brought a box of macarons for dessert, something I'd seen on TV but never had...good stuff!

It's become almost a tradition for Craig to stretch out in the recliner for a nap in the afternoon when they come up.  (He's not the only one this place has that effect on.  It's so peaceful here.)  That gave Deb and me time to talk girl talk and catch up.  Ralph, oh Ralph!  Just as Bess Anne flirted with any male who walked in, Ralph is getting a reputation as a ladies' man.  He'd made a pest of himself with Arden, but ohmigosh, he was the next best thing to obnoxious with Deb.  He absolutely would not leave her alone, pulling out all the "cute" tricks in his bag to get her attention.  Fortunately, she has Clyde, her cat at home, so she could accept and laugh at Ralph.

We rejoined Craig when he woke up for more talk.  All too soon it was time for the Kids to leave, with "Love you!" echoing down the drive.  I'd no more than walked back into the house when the invisible Celeste appeared.  Celeste is not a people person.

It was a very good day.