Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Oh Well

One of those days.  Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped yesterday.  Watched the weather forecast and saw that rain or thunderstorms are due for Thursday so I left a message for Stan and let him off the hook for coming to mow on Friday.  No sense in making the trek for nothing.  I did catch up with Helper Dude and he said he'd come over after work someday and whittle away at what needs to be done.  I'm good with that.  HD has been my guy for six years now, responsible, hard working, and reliable.  I wish there were more like him.

Ralph and Celeste are trying hard to fill the gap in our lives.  I'm rarely without one or the other in my lap.  Ralph is sitting on my legs right now.  I have to swivel sideways so he can be there, making it difficult to type, yes, but it's worth it for his company.  I get such a kick out of these two.  They are so different.  Like the Kids, related, but such individuals.  Ralph likes to be stroked and Celeste prefers a kind of scrubbing when she wants to be petted, which is most of the time.  Celeste is a couch potato (where did that term come from?) and Ralph runs around like he's lost his mind, racing up and down the stairs and the hallway.

What didn't get done still needs doing.  It's getting light outside and I need to get moving.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh well is right. I make my lists, and delight when I can scratch something off...and then I decide when I've had enough...even with things unscratched. Oh well!