Saturday, May 25, 2019

Start To Finish

"I love coffee, I love tea.  I love the java jive and it loves me." (Ink Spots, 1940)

My parents were big fans of the Ink Spots and I grew up listening to their music.  Since there was no television and no photos, there were discussions on whether the lead singer was male or female.  (Bill Kenny was a male with a sweet tenor-soprano.)  I laugh at myself every morning.  I know darned well I drank the last slurp of coffee in my mug, but inevitably I pick up the cup to check if there might not be just one last sip.  Sigh.

It was sunny (yay!) and I took advantage to get a photo of the single peony in bloom before heading to the barn.  Poor thing was hanging head down after being drenched for days.  The delicate singles are so much different from the showy doubles.

Missy was waiting for her breakfast.  Whether I see her or not, I know she eats well as her bowl is empty every morning, but it's such a treat for me when she does appear.  She's a cheery little girl.

Feeling very much like The Shaggy Dog (1959 movie, Fred MacMurray, Tommy Kirk), I was so glad to see my personal groomer, Candy, in early afternoon when she came to clip my overgrown locks.  (Why didn't I wait to get my picture taken for my driver's license!)  Candy is my friend as well as my hairdresser, and we had a nice visit.  It being Friday, there was a brief cross-over when Arden arrived.  Candy left and Arden and I settled in to watch our TV shows.  It's become a weekly ritual.

While it wasn't raining here in the evening, it was a bit alarming to see the warning banners on TV telling of possible large hail storms and flooding over in Plumas and Yolo counties, and I could see near-constant flashes of lightning over the hills toward Yosemite.  Nature is on a rampage.

Give me a lapful of cats any time and I'm happy.

It was a good day, start to finish.

Yup, my mug is empty.  I just checked.

No comments: