Friday, May 3, 2019

Sleep

"Sleep that knits up the raveled sleave of care" (Shakespeare), "Sleepy Time Gal" (Song 1925).  Both applied to me yesterday.  Took a nap.  Woke up in time for Arden's visit and make a plate of nibbles.  It's a good thing she was coming to watch a program or two because I fell asleep while she was here and didn't wake up when she left.  Some hostess I am.  Woke up for a phone call.  Back to sleep.  Repeat.  Slept all night in the chair and didn't wake up until just a little while ago. It was as if I'd been poleaxed.  Guess I must have needed it.

Look what else burst into bloom while I wasn't watching, the Spanish lavender by the first shed.  It doesn't have the same perfume as the French, but it sure is pretty (and the ground squirrels don't eat it!).

Obviously not much to say about yesterday.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like you NEEDED to catch up on your sleep...good for the body and good for the grieving soul!!!