Monday, May 13, 2019

Let The Good Times Roll

"Let The Good Times Roll" (Louis Jordan and his Timpani Five, 1946)

Wow, what a weekend!  Deb and Craig's visit on Saturday was such a good day.  I hadn't heard from Dave or Clay; they are both busy and working hard so I hadn't expected to see either of them  Dave sent a nice text and Larry called in the morning and I was a happy camper.  I was getting ready to make a run up to Holiday when there was another, rather confusing, text from Dave, followed by a call.  Seems he was in Mt. Aukum and was coming here and bringing friends.  Panic!  And then I remembered I'd already spiffed up the house and was actually ready for company for a change.  Whew.

The group arrived in no time.  Dave was on his bike (motorcycle), no surprise as it was a beautiful day for a ride, followed by one of his club members and his wife in a car.  I'd not met them before; such a congenial couple.  Poor Dave, he is violently allergic to cats and the symptoms began immediately.  It's a sign of devotion that he comes here at all.  Even though Ralph and Celeste stayed out of sight, their fur lingers everywhere.  Dave and Rick took time to measure for that blown-off piece of flashing and fixed a stuck laundry room door.  Rick also discovered that the toilet in the guest bathroom was leaking (I hadn't seen it) and he fixed that.  Good guys.  That gave me time to get acquainted with Cherie (spelling?).  It was another afternoon of talk and laughter and seeing another of my Kids; doesn't get much better than that.  Clay called later from work and made it even better, just when I thought it couldn't.

The good times sure were rollin' this weekend!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh what a great weekend. I'm so glad that you got lots of family visits...and only one time to have to spiff up!