Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Blue Skies

"Blue skies smiling at me.  Nothing but blue skies do I see,"  (Song by Irving Berlin, 1926.)

I can't remember the last time I saw a blue sky.  Nothing but brown icky skies overhead for the longest time.  Michael's and my eyes and nose run and it's hard to take a deep breath.  Our walks are shorter and our naps are longer these days.

We'll go gas up the truck before making an obligatory trip to town today.  Given the circumstances, it's a good idea to keep a full tank, just in case.  No different than bringing the cat carriers to the porch.

I haven't been brave enough to try cooking the kale.  The stuff doesn't seem to wilt so I'm not too worried.  To tell the truth, I haven't felt like cooking much of anything and have been relying on heat-and-eat victuals.  (And there's always ice cream.)

I can't say I'm looking forward to going to town, but the A/C will be a nice reward.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: