Sunday, August 16, 2020

What A Start!

Sitting here minding my own business, and suddenly out of nowhere a huge wind blew in.  No warning, just blam! and the trees were hanging on for dear life.  About that time (I hadn't even had my coffee) I got a text from Clay, saying there were nonstop lightning strikes down in the valley and it was hot!  Oh crum.  Dry lightning, wind and heat is the recipe for disaster in the hills.  So far, so good, and the wind has died down.  Maybe we'll dodge that bullet, but what a way to start the day.  Thinking about evacuation plans was not on my to-do list.

Trust me, not much got done yesterday, and probably won't today or the rest of the week.  Just surviving in this heat is enough of an accomplishment.  I've started sharing the spray bottle with Michael (the cats aren't having any of that!) and today I'm going to take him out on the deck for a shower with the hose.  The weatherman keeps saying to turn on the A/C.  Yeah, sure, buddy.  I'll do that very thing and thanks for the advice.  He gets so excited when we break records, records I'd just as soon not get broken, and I'd like to smack him upside the head.

It's light enough to see now, so I'm going to try to hook up the speakers for the computer.  There should be one success to start the day.  Wish me luck.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: