Monday, August 3, 2020

Out Of Control

Helper Dude had brought me some of his mother's home-grown tomatoes.  The red and yellow cherry tomatoes were gone immediately, sweet as candy.  I mulled over what to do with the full-size types.  Sandwiches are a rarity in this house as I just don't eat a lot of bread, and when I do make a sandwich, I only make a half at a time, and only one of those a day.  I just happened to have bought a loaf of 12-grain bread last week, tempted by deli turkey and an avocado.  The fixings were enough for the better part of the week.  A BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) sounded good, except that I didn't have either the B or the L.  Hmmm. I had the T and I had George's beautiful fresh basil, a great combination.  I made a half-sandwich, slathered with butter and mayo, and sat down to eat.  Ohmigosh, dripping juice and oozing mayonnaise, I was in heaven.  Surely another half wouldn't hurt.  I mean, people eat a whole sandwich at one sitting all the time, right?  The temptation was so great that I succumbed.  That's when I lost all self-control and actually made a third half, telling myself that those tomatoes and basil shouldn't go to waste.  I waddled around for the rest of the day, and sure didn't need dinner last night.

On our morning walk, I "heard" that my neighbor had a new donkey, such funny-sounding animals, and later learned that she now has two!  She has no self-control, either.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

GOOD use of the tomatoes and basil I would say!! Why not!!!