Saturday, August 22, 2020

Plan Ahead

The thought had been rattling around in my head, but I had taken no action.  I didn't need the all-pervasive smoke to tell me we are in fire season and an evacuation plan would be in order.  Thinking was as far as I'd gotten, but Florence and Dan were ahead of me.  They came over yesterday morning and I welcomed their company (on the porch, of course).  They, unbeknownst to me, were on a mission.  Knowing that the feed barn and shed have been inaccessible to me because the doors are stuck, they came with tools to retrieve the cat carriers I had stored, planning ahead in case of need.  How kind to think of us here 'alone,' as it were.  All three carriers are now on the porch.  Now I'm hoping they will not be needed, but am ready, just in case we need to flee.  We did have time to visit, so it was win-win all around for me.

We are getting frequent blips in the power.  It seems I'm having to reset the digital clocks throughout the house on a daily basis.  Hey, I'm not complaining, it's certainly better than a days-long spell without electricity and water.  Blip away!

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: