Monday, August 10, 2020

Midnight Lace

 ("Midnight Lace," 1960 noir film, Doris Day and Rex Harrison.)

First, I apologize for the oversize photo.  Either the "new and improved" version of Blogspot doesn't allow editing or I haven't figured it out yet.  Why can't they leave well enough alone?!

Next, the photo has nothing to do with murder or mystery, but the black, lacy leaves in front of a lackluster sunset brought that title to mind.

George is stopping by today.  He is quite a chef and I need to ask him how to fix kale.  Helper Dude brought me a big bunch from his mom's garden and I have no idea what to do with it, being a latecomer to health food.  I've seen it used on cooking shows so know how to strip the leaves, but I guess I've never found the recipes that enticing.  That's okay, I'm up for a new experience.

I haven't been out to the kitchen yet this morning, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the cats' bowl is empty.  They are driving me bonkers.  Ralph pats on my leg and shoulder while Celeste stands by, giving her tiny mews for attention.  I've got to go attend to business.  Besides, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'll stay tuned on the kale, as I have never fixed it, and am not rushing to. Doris was actually a personal friend, but I DON'T like her dark brooding movies (I don't think she did either)...give me her Calamity Jane any day...or the glamorous working woman of the Pillow Talk and Lover Come Back days!!