Monday, August 31, 2020

Gravel

Certainly not diamonds, yesterday wasn't even a rock...maybe just gravel.  Nothing awful, nothing great, just...well, boring.  There have been times in my life when I would have begged for boring.  So many times when I've cried, "Just let me off this merry-go-round for fifteen minutes!  I promise I'll get back on if I can just get a break!"  Given those memories, boring ain't s'bad.  It certainly isn't because I want to go anywhere.  I think it's the idea that, because of the virus, I can't go anywhere.  I miss my kids like the dickens.  I miss the get-togethers with the Ladies of Fair Play.  I miss....  Ah well.  I have no idea of what the new normal will be when we get back to "normal," but I'd like to find out pretty soon.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: