Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Everything's Rosy

Well, that might be a slight exaggeration.  Maybe not everything, but I'm sure, after two days of nothing but tomato sandwiches, that I've taken on a rosy glow.  It wasn't self-control, but the shortage of more tomatoes that held me to my usual two halves yesterday.  I kid you not, I was this close to addiction, but only with the home-grown variety.  It would never occur to me to eat a store-bought out of hand.

Is it a bird?  Is it a plane?  No, it's Superman!  All Helper Dude needs is a cape.  He fairly flew about and, using nothing but his monster weed-eater, cleared most of the star thistle off the top of the hill.  I have actual front, side, and back yards again!  I was honestly getting depressed at the seedy, unkempt look of the place.  It wasn't that I didn't care that it looked so rundown, it was because I couldn't use the mower.  There was no chance of sparks with HD's magic machine.  Boys and their toys is no joke.  HD was still smiling when he quit, saying that using the new equipment actually made the job fun.  To each his own.

Michael and I have to go to town today and I'm not happy.  For the regular reasons, sure, but I have to have more blood drawn.  I went last month, telling the tech to be sure to draw enough for the two doctors who had sent in orders.  It wasn't her fault, but I found out that the lab had not done all the tests, without one of which the doctor would not see me, and required a second trip.  Then I discovered that out of three tests requested, only two were performed, and those, as I said, done separately.  At my last appointment, the doctor said the third test had not been performed, either!  Aarrgh.  Oh well, at least the truck has A/C.

I hope everyone got a glimpse of the full, golden moon rising last night.  It was spectacular.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: