Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A Beautiful Day

Song of the day, "A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood," Mr. Rogers.  (You'll be hearing that all day now.)

How I wish we'd had yesterday's weather when George was here.  Warm and sunny, all the leaves washed and bright green, the sky that hurt-your-eyes blue punctuated with big, fluffy white clouds.  Michael didn't have to work too hard to talk me into four walks and we logged over a mile.  (Altogether.  Don't be silly, not each!)

On our last walk, after we'd taken the trash down, Missy was lounging on the step up to the deck.  Michael was interested, Missy didn't run, and I wondered how this would turn out.  He moved closer and Missy started doing that, for lack of a better term, seductive roll.  It must have worked because Michael moved up until they were nose to nose.  Neither showed any sign of aggression.  I guess Michael figured, "Oh great.  Mom's gone and got herself another one."  We went on our way and Missy got up to inspect a leaf.  It was a happy ending.

Thanks to George, instead of getting hungry and thinking, "What do I have," I now go in the kitchen and think, "What shall I have."  Believe me, there is a difference.  Last night's choice was pulled pork on Kalamata bread...yum.  I forgot to mention that George's largess includes a chocolate Easter bunny.  I'll save that for the appropriate event.

The cherry on top of a beautiful day was seeing the huge super pink moon rise behind the eastern hills.  Absolutely stunning.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'm glad you had sunshine. I don't even remember what that looks like as we have been having gray and rainy days for several now, and you know how different that is for Southern California. I'm a sunshine girl so I'm ready to have it back. But your day sounded glorious and I'm happy for you. I hope Michael and Missy form a nice bond!