Saturday, April 4, 2020

Stalker

Missy has become the bane of Ralph's life.  Not satisfied with just looking in through the glass doors, she has begun stalking Ralph.  She is so little I don't know how she sees which windowsill he's sitting on, minding his own business, enjoying the scenery and, hopefully, thinking pleasant thoughts.  She creeps along next to the house so Ralph can't see her, and then leaps up and bangs into the window and scares the bejesus out of him every time.  I swear I can hear her snicker while poor Ralph's eyes are big as saucers and his fur is puffed out as he springs off the sill, knocking things every which way in his panic.  I don't know whether she's got it in for him or if she thinks it's some perverse joke.  Ralph doesn't find it funny.

I got a call from a seldom-seen neighbor yesterday just to see if I needed anything.  It's not something I dwell on, but it made me realize I'm one of the "elderly" that people are advised to check on.  (If this were a text, this is where I'd insert LOL.)  It was a kind thing to do and I appreciated it.

They talk about early birds and night owls.  Up here it's the turkeys.  They congregate and gossip well before sunrise.  I can't imagine what they're up to in the dark.  They chatter, if all that gobbling can be called chatter, all the while I'm making coffee.

For quite a while Sheila and Tessie seemed to be on the outs, grazing and snoozing apart.  They must have resolved their differences as they're back together again.  I mean they are really together now (I hope I don't have to explain that).

We're due for a stretch of rainy weather starting today.  I brought a couple of wagonloads of firewood to the house yesterday so we're all set for the duration.

Stay well.  Be safe.

No comments: