Monday, April 27, 2020

Today! (Maybe)

The day started out well when Missy came up for her breakfast.  The night before I'd been awakened from my pre-bed drowse by a cat screaming in the front garden...twice.  It wasn't a dream and it wasn't a cat fight, I've heard enough of those.  Running to the door, I flipped on the light and banged on the screen door.  With postings of mountain lion sightings in the area, I wasn't about to go outside.  I couldn't hear anything moving and the porch light only showed me the porch.  Missy is so little she could have been taken by an owl.  I worried about her all night and into the morning so my relief at seeing her was indescribable.  I don't know whose cat it was nor what had happened, but it wasn't Missy.

Don came up in midmorning and went right to work on Fu.  As is my wont, I leave a guy to do what he does best, offering help if he needed it (as if he would) and then going away.  I knew he was done when he drove Fu past the door.  Ta da!  I went out and Don explained what he'd done to get the old boy up and running.  I nodded knowingly (I didn't have a clue).  He thought it might have been the solenoid, but it was "just" the connections.  I looked up solenoid and I still don't know where or what it is, but I'm happy I didn't need a new one.  As well as to George and Don, I should express my thanks here to Florence for the loan of her two Helper Dudes, without whom Fu Manchu would still be sitting in the shed gathering rust and dust.  The sun was high when Don left and it was too hot to take Fu for a workout.

Decisions, decisions.  Go to town or wait and mow?  Mowing seemed the order of the day.  When the sun was at just the right place in the afternoon, I dislodged the lap cats and was ready to get started when the phone rang and I answered.

Today's the day!  Or not.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: