Sunday, April 19, 2020

Update

I cringe now when the computer, the boss, tells me it's going to "update."  New, in many cases, does not mean better.  It updated again this morning and it took forever.  I've yet to find what "new and improved" they've thrown at me.  The last time the viewing screen was enlarged bigger than the monitor and the "photos" section was changed from thumbnail-size pictures to a listing by numbers!  I take a lot of pictures; some make it into the blog, many do not.  When I had the time and inclination, I'd go through and discard those that were one-time shots and duplicates.  It's going to be a pain in the patoot to do that now, having to open each one to make a decision.  Aarrgh!

Another thing that was changed is access to editing the blog.  It used to be simple, now it's not.  I can't tell you how many times I edit the daily entry before publishing, and still I'll find an error in spelling or punctuation.  Let's face it, the blog is the first thing I do in the morning and I'm not always as awake as the job demands.

It was still foggy yesterday morning when I heard the beep-beep-beep again.  Oh no!  What are they doing working on a Saturday?!  Fortunately it didn't last long.  There are enough attacks on what I laughingly call my sanity as it is.

Boy, it didn't take long for Michael to adopt the "Let's sit on the porch" routine.  He leads me onto the deck every sunny afternoon now.  I try to get in a little weeding while he noses here and there in the yard.  It's like trying to empty the ocean with a thimble.

It's funny that Kit mentioned "Cheaper By The Dozen."  I just DVRd the original movie (1950, with Clifton Webb, Myrna Loy, Jeanne Crain), but haven't watched it (for the umpteenth time) yet.  It really is one of the feel-good films.  I always remember the time-and-motion expert father as he showed the most efficient way to take a bath.

No beep-beeps this morning.  It's going to be a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I must look the movie up. I may have seen it once...not sure. But yes, from the book I remember the bath, typing lessons in the outhouse on Nantucket, and him trying to shave with both hands, but he determined it took longer to take care of the cuts on his face that if he had done it with one hand.

I have a Mac and not a PC, but often when dealing with files in a folder, and perhaps photos, you can pull down a tab that might say "view" (or it may be under a different tab) and it will give you options of how to view things like a list, small icons, big icons, etc. Perhaps you can see your pictures if you change it from list to icon, if you have that choice.