Thursday, April 23, 2020

Just Ask

I had mentioned to Florence and Dan, and George, and anyone else who'd listen, that I really missed and needed a new Helper Dude, particularly one with a weed eater.  My mother used to say that thoughts go out into the cosmos and come back as action, another way of saying ask and you shall receive.  (She also said, "Be careful what you ask for.")  All this by way of saying that I was scrolling through FB yesterday morning and came across a post from a guy looking for weed-eating work at a reasonable price.  Well, I wasn't going to look in that gift horse's mouth and immediately responded.  He called right back, said he was local, and would be here in an hour.  Truth!!  He arrived when he said he would, a youngish guy in a nice truck.  (Anyone 50 and under is a kid to me.)  It's a shame that handshaking is verboten; you can tell a lot from a handshake.  I walked him around and explained what I needed done, particularly those dratted weeds under the oak.  I had thought this was to be an introductory visit and was a bit surprised when he opened the tailgate, pulled out the weed eater and went to work.  Ta da!  New Helper Dude got an amazing amount of work done.  I told him how much I appreciated that he had recognized and gone around the emerging Naked Lady plants.  He had cut down that entire section of yard, more than I had expected, and it sure looks nice.  HD said he would also be available for regular handyman work.  Yay!  (I refrained from doing a Happy Dance then and there.)  He said he had a couple more jobs lined up, but would be in contact soon.  What a relief.

I got a strange call in the afternoon with nothing but very loud static on the line.  Wait, could it be an engine?  It was!  Florence called back and said that was Fu Manchu up and running!  Don't get too excited...George texted back that the battery would not hold a charge, some defect or another, and that I needed a new battery.  Hey, I'd envisioned all kinds of involved, expensive electrical or engine work.  A new battery...piece of cake.  George even said he'd go get one and that Fu should be home by this afternoon.

My angels are hard at work.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh this makes me so happy!! Can't wait to hear more!!!