Wednesday, April 15, 2020

They're Ba-a-ack

I had a feeling when I mentioned the disappearing squirrels that I should have kept my mouth shut.  I should have listened to me.  Yesterday was such a nice day that I left the front door open after our walk so I heard Yip-Yip and Shaddup loud and clear, announcing their return.  I certainly hadn't missed them or their high-pitched, repetitive barking.  Oh well.  Let's just say I'm not going to hang a Welcome Home banner for their return.

It only took the once for my favorite place on the deck to become Michael's favorite place, too.  He led me right up the step on our later walk.  We sat and listened to the breeze soughing in the trees and the ever-changing bird song in season...and then we moved on.

It was Tuesday, trash day.  I decided that if I was going to leave the house, we'd have an outing and go to the little convenience store up the road a piece.  This is my new haute couture to go out in public.  Lacking a "real" mask, this would have to do, but I felt much like an aged Jesse James.  I took Michael with me as they know and like him and I thought he'd be my credentials for entry, just in case.  I was really glad I'd taken this safety measure because no one else in the store had taken any such precautions.  I might have looked silly, but I'm not about to take chances until we get the all clear with this virus going around.

Coming home, the squirrels made their appearance here, there, and everywhere.  One must have been a newcomer, as the truck threw it for a loop and the creature ran ahead and back and forth across the driveway instead of dropping into a hole like the others.  Yup, they're back.

Stay safe.  Be well.  (And wear your mask!)

No comments: