Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Am I Blue?

"Am I Blue?" (1929, sung by Ethel Waters, Billie Holiday)

This one's for Kit and the many others who are contending with days and days of bad weather, not to "rub it in," but to share.  It was Michael's choice to go sit on the deck on our second walk, just to enjoy the sunshine, breeze, and the blue, blue sky.  It was my pleasure to join him.
Continuing on our stroll, we found patches of Baby Blue Eyes everywhere, just to continue the theme.  Personally, with the holiday, such as it was, over and done, I was over my own blue funk.  Hey, they come and they go.

I don't intend to go on and on about the unexpected bounty in my fridge, but it's like going to a restaurant and choosing from the menu.  Yesterday was "one from column A and one from column B."  Bagged Caesar salad for lunch and meatballs made by George in a hastily concocted marinara sauce from stuff I had on hand for dinner.  I'm telling you, I'm eating high on the hog, and I've yet to start in on the chicken.  I'm working my way through the fresh vegetables, one, because they are such a treat and, two, because they won't stay fresh long.  I've still got a long way to go.

I wish everyone blue skies and fair winds (Tuskegee Airmen).

Stay safe.  Be Well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh THANK you for those photos. We FINALLY had a sunny day today too, and it was grand!! I'm so happy for your bounty. You deserve it.